Since I don't plan on getting a new spouse or children, I’m going write a brief recap of my birthday week.

Monday: At 5:45 in the morning, I walked into my classroom to find streamers, balloons, and bows everywhere!
My seminary students brought a cake, sang Happy Birthday, gave me hugs, and told me that they loved me.
It was a wonderful way to start my birthday week!
Tuesday: My family took me out to Famous Dave’s for my free birthday dinner (valued at $50).
They all ate the trash can lid full of meat and I had a side salad and cornbread – hahaha!
It was a treat not to cook meat for them.
Wednesday: Rick and I went out to a Japanese Hibachi Restaurant called Nagoya. Then, we did some Christmas reconnaissance for the kids.
Thursday: Thanksgiving with the family. Rick cooked the turkey and stuffing. I cooked the veggies and rolls. Jake had some friends over to spend the night.
Friday: Recovery day! I slept in and cleaned house. Emma had a “late over” with friends.
Saturday: My 34th birthday! I taught 2 aerobics classes in the morning. Then, I took a birthday nap so that I’d be bright eyed and bushy tailed for the evening’s festivities. Rick and I went to see one of my seminary students perform in the Nutcracker ballet.
My favorite performer (next to Esther, of course) was this beautiful Great Pyranease that pulled a sled across the stage.
Afterwards we got dinner at my favorite Indian restaurant where we enjoyed Aloo Gobi, Chana Masala, and Malai Kofta (sp?). Needing to walk off our dinner, we went to Target and bought my birthday present: new workout clothes. To cap off the evening we devoured the ice cream cake Rick made.
Delish!







2 comments:
Wow, you know how to extend a party! Or your family and friends do! Just letting you know, I never got a birthday cake, balloons and streamers from my kids in 5 years of Sem. You are making a real difference, Audrey.
Well it sounds like you had a ball celebrating Audrey:) Still wish we could have been a part of the festivities! Happy late bday wishes. I love that your seminary kids love you so much. You are awesome!
Post a Comment