Assignment #1: Think of a book you’ve read, and explain why it has made a difference in your life.
Last summer, I finished reading The Book of Mormon for the umpteenth time. I will continue to read it over and over again because I know that it is a powerful and true witness of Christ. This book has been translated correctly from ancient records made by people who lived on this continent thousands of years ago. I believe the promise that if I abide by the principles taught in the Book of Mormon, I can deepen my relationship with God and Christ.
I have mastered pathetically little during my 34 years on this earth. I am hopeful that I can inch myself a little closer to who I want to be by learning and practicing what is contained inside The Book of Mormon. It truly is worth a lifetime of study.
I turn to the Book of Mormon when I need answers, comfort, encouragement, and humbling. As a mother, I use this book to teach my children right from wrong. As a wife, I use this book to understand how to keep my marriage strong. As a friend, I use this book to know how to better cheer, lift, and support others.
The Book of Mormon helps me keep an eternal perspective when making decisions big or small. Because the Book of Mormon prophesies about these last days, I can know what it is I must do to prepare for the Lord’s coming. The challenge lies is in the doing!
I hope that my friends who read my testimony feel how important the Book of Mormon is to me. It is my sincere desire that this powerful book will not be dismissed by friends because of misconception or false rumors. Read it. Pray about its truthfulness. Try the promise found in the final pages of this record:
“And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.” [Moroni 10:4]
Assignment #2: Write your impressions of world events and other important happenings.
The chaos in the world is a warning for all of us to prepare for the Lord’s second coming. For more information on how to get ready for that day, study the Bible, The Book of Mormon, and The Doctrine and Covenants. Also, read the most current messages from our modern-day prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
1 comment:
I'm with you sister. We've been doing really well with our family reading of the BoM, we've read every day since school started with the exception of a couple of days that we missed. But it has been wonderful, we are more happy, the kids are reading better, and we have had some really wonderful conversations. It is a great resource.
Post a Comment