Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 17 of the 20-day Journal Challenge

Assignment: What talents do you have and what hobbies do you enjoy doing?

I love teaching! It’s more than challenging, and completely exhausting, but it’s totally rewarding too. Perhaps I enjoy teaching because I’m a giant nerd who likes to study. Maybe I get my kicks from all the attention. It may even be possible that the old adage is true, “those who can’t, teach”. Whatever the reason, teaching is my passion. It’s in my very blood and I can’t deny it.

Currently I teach early morning seminary, aerobics, and proper bathroom cleaning technique. In the past I’ve taught piano lessons, Sunday school, preschool, and elementary school. By my track record you’d think I’d be quite the expert instructor. The kicker though, is that I’m not. I’m still learning. Just when I think I’m getting the hang of it, I have an experience that totally humbles me.

So, I keep on keepin’ on. I’m always shooting for that ultimate lesson, never quite getting there. (sigh) I suppose that’s part of the fun too.

2 comments:

The LaLa said...

You and I may not be alike in every way, but in this way we are totally in a groove. You have accurately identified the very things I love about teaching. I am so happy this passion is rolling on down through the generations. You've gotten more than a double dose of it, and so has your sister Sheila. I loved the comment about teaching how to clean a bathroom!

Alli said...

I know you've schooled me on more than one occasion :) Could you please come teach a lesson on how to properly clean a bathroom to us?