Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010

It's our 3rd Christmas in Ohio, and our 3rd Christmas Eve dinner at Nagoya.
The kids were a little more adventurous this year. Jake tried swordfish, fried rice, and soup. Emma ordered shrimp.

All evening we referred to Jacob as "LumberJake" because of his new plaid Christmas shirt.

Rick and I ordered avocado and cucumber sushi (no raw fish for me).

At the end of our meal, we went to the very spot where we watched Crystal Bowersocks perform just a year earlier. The restaurant had parked a gorgeous Christmas tree there.

Jake is literally a head tall than Emma. I'm only hunched over an inch or two in this picture.

We never did get an opportunity to take a Christmas picture with Santa this year. This shot will have to do.

Christmas morning was lovely. The kids didn't wake us until 7:30, which we appreciated. We had a scrumptious breakfast of homemade waffles before diving into the presents. Jake was excited to get a new bath robe that actually fits him.

Daddy got a Superman Snuggie from Jake.

Emmy, our family's only Michigan fan, got a Wolverine Snuggy. Do you sense a theme here?

I was delighted to get a warm new scarf and mittens.

Many of our gifts this year were of a "cozy" nature. We got the kids flannel sheets, electric blankets, socks, and slippers. And yes, they were actually EXCITED to get those things - hahahaha. I guess it's time to move back to AZ. We're freezing out here!

While the kids are staying snuggly warm, they can cuddle up with their new books from Lala and Papa.

Even Shelby tried to stay warm by snoozing by the fireplace in her "Santa Baby" outfit.

We hope your Christmas was every bit as cozy and restful as ours was!

8 comments:

Alli said...

Aww, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside just reading that :) Merry Christmas! Love you.

Sheila and Mario said...

What great pictures! I love the snuggies :-) So wonderful to talk to you today. Hugs and kisses!

Bon said...

miss you guys! i love the snuggies! and yes, come back :)

The LaLa said...

I love the photos and your narrative. It makes me feel like I was there, except I'm warmer. Actually, I would have liked a little more nippy weather this year to feel more Christmaslike. I'm so glad you got to visit with us and all your siblings today. We love you and wish you the Merriest of Merry Christmases!
P.S. the word verification is apperb, as in "I apperb of your Christmas gifts," or "Your Christmas gifts were apperb!"

Les said...

I am in love with the Superman Snuggie. Love it. I lost your number, you need to call me back or message me your number so we can talk! Stay warm!

Terry said...

Thanks for the wonderful post. Wish we were there! (or you here).

We did get the e-cards - thanks so much!

Love you guys!

GMA S said...

It was great to share your Christmas with you through your words and photos. Thanks, Audrey. We sure miss your family but know that you are all doing what needs to be done at this time in your lives. Love to all of you, and gives Shelby a scratch behind the ears from all of us.

Dusty said...

It sounds like such a fun and relaxing christmas. The photos are wonderful. You do such a great job of making me feel like I was somehow part of your festivities. I L-O-V-E the superman snuggie. HILARIOUS. Rick's pose is the best. Um, yeah Jake is really tall. Wowsers. Can't wait to see those kids in a few months. We want you to come home to us so bad. Love you all.