Months ago, after starting gymnastics, piano lessons, and Junior Jazzers, Emma asked if she could join 5th grade strings at school. I said no. She would have to give up her lunch recess to take the class, and we would have to fork out money for an instrument yet again. I already had to nag her to practice the piano each day, why would she want to add one more thing to my, er, her plate?
She started going to strings anyway, without my signed permission slip. She borrowed a school cello and was on her way...
Last week she brought the darned thing home. Oh, the sounds!
3 comments:
"Oh, the sounds" You are my favorite. I love it that she is so stubborn, I wonder where that came from? That is just so strange that YOUR daughter would take on so many activities! (Do you sense my sarcasm? Because I'm laying it on pretty thick).
P.S. my last post is pretty much just for you. I had such a good time talking to you yesterday :) Love you!
Wow, she's motivated, and a titch sneaky! I'm amazed she'd give up her lunchtime socializing to go to strings. But as her grandma, I'm thrilled she is so interested in strings, as I'm thrilled with Jacob. The practice is torture, but the results will be marvelous! Maybe they should start Suzuki?
You have a really big house so you should be able to escape the sounds somehow. Rick played the cello during his 7th grade but gave it up, which disappointed me very much. I think he regretted it in later years. Good for you, Emma girl. Go for what you want, and evidently, you want to play the cello!
Post a Comment