Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 7 of the 20-day Journal Challenge

Assignment: List some of your family traditions. Which ones are your favorite and why?

Hahahaha! I already wrote about this a year ago. See my post here: http://saundersinohio.blogspot.com/2009/12/holiday-traditions.html

Since I already completed my assignment, I think I’ll write a quick sum up of the weekend’s happenings…

We went to a matinee showing of the 7th Harry Potter movie on Friday. It’s been a long while since any of us had been to a real, live movie theater and Friday’s experience reminded us why that is the case. We’ve decided that we are even more grateful for our home theater now. Here’s why:

· Popcorn doesn’t cost $7
· We can pause the movie anytime we need to make a trip to the potty
· No one coughs on us
· We don’t have to listen to a 5-year-old say, “Holy s*** during scary parts
· We can wear our jammies
· We don’t have to sit through 20 minutes of ridiculous previews
· No lines of any kind, anywhere

We liked the movie and are anxiously awaiting the final installment (though the Harry/Hermione kissing made me a bit uncomfortable).

On Saturday we got our annual family picture taken. It will be a small miracle if there is anything useable from the shoot. It sure took a lot of smoke and mirrors to get us looking coordinated and cute.

After that stress was over, we enjoyed an early dinner at Abuelo’s. Can I just take a moment here to say how much I appreciate the times I don’t have to cook or clean up after cooking? Every time we go out to eat it’s like a mini vacation for me. And, if people don’t like their food, it’s not my fault. I love it!

Emma is in an elite singing group at her school called the Junior Jazzers. They got invited to perform at the big Perrysburg High School choral concert Saturday evening. It was a lively show, and Emmy charmed the audience when singing and dancing in “I Want to Be a Rockette” and “I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas.” Other highlights from Showfest included seeing a couple of my seminary girls singing and dancing. I’m so proud of all my girls!

3 comments:

Terry said...

I hope you have some video of Emma singing!

Miss you guys!

Alli said...

I think your family tradition is being awesome. Because you are. I'm glad you had a fun weekend!

The LaLa said...

Oh that pretty Emma! I love it when she's posed with posies. Now wait a minute, we just got the family photo from last summer in a frame. Now I'm behind again already??