Saturday, January 31, 2009

Wanna ride bikes?

One of the highlights of this trip to Arizona has been cycling with my dad. It's something we used to do together before I moved to Ohio and I really miss it. In fact, I have a lovely scar on my arm from a spectacular bike crash last year. I love it because it reminds me of my dad.
Last Saturday we did 52 miles because Dad is preparing for another century ride. We rode up to New River and back down via Cave Creek. It was awesome! Everything was still wet from rain and the desert smelled amazing. We were splattered with mud when we finished. My dad told me later that whenever he looked over at me I had a big grin on my face. I couldn't help it.

On Monday we rode along the canal. The winds were not in our favor, and Dad got a flat tire, but I still had a good time. I'm just so grateful for the sunshine and snow-free roads. It'll be a long wait until summertime...

5 comments:

Kathy said...

That is awesome. By the way we were at the zoo on Tuesday as well.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Audrey, you always have a beautiful smile!

Alli said...

What a fun thing to do with your Dad, I'll bet he had a big smile on his face most of the time too :)

The Hatch Family said...

52 miles?!?! I don't think my bike has gone that far in its entire life and I have had it since college. Oh my goodness. You guys are AMAZING!!

And, you probably saw my neighborhood across the wash from your ride! So fun!

Love the cause your Dad is riding for!! Wink wink!! :)

Dusty said...

What a fun way to spend time together. You guys look so cute all decked out in your bike gear!