Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Weather anyone?

So apparently, this is how it is all winter. Snow, melt, snow, melt. After we got our foot of snow, it snowed again. It is supposed to snow for the next 4 or 5 days. The forecast shows it clearing up before we head out of town next week. Hopefully there won't be any delays in out flight. Poor Skyler got covered with the new snow. Notice that it is up to her waist (12") from the overnight snowfall.




Yesterday, I went to try to clear some of the snow from my driveway. My Kia has trouble making it up the long drive if it is too snowy. As the snow came up, I noticed that often it would come up in nice 2-3 inch thick chunks. Perfect for building an igloo. So, I called the kids and we built an igloo.



I wonder how long it will last. After I finished it, I packed the outside with snow and hosed it down with water. That way it would freeze and be less likely to collapse on the kids. It is noticably warmer in the igloo in spite of the large "front door".

Today I also found these "visitor deterrents" hanging in front of our front door. I'm curious to see how long they'll actually get.

Here we are playing in the backyard after the 12" snowfall.

5 comments:

Terry said...

We loved the pictures! An we really laughed watching Shelby run through the snow. Plus, you guys look so nice in your winter clothes! Even so, we are so happy that you are coming out to visit!

Heidi Totten said...

Awesome! You are such a midwest family now. :) Very cool igloo!

Alli said...

That is crazy! You built an igloo?! Cool. Snow and weather kind of fascinate me so your pictures and video were really cool to watch. It will be fun to see you when you get here though :)

Anonymous said...

Those kids really had pink cheeks! Don't know about Shelby's though. Shelby didn't look worried at all, probably the best dressed one of all.

The Hatch Family said...

Poor Skyler!!!

The snow fun looks great! The boys just asked today what an igloo was. I will have to show them your pics in the morning. Thanks!!!