Downtown Perrysburg hosts a Farmer's Market every Thursday. It's a big deal and lots of fun. The kids love to get samples from their favorite vendors. When I'm feeling generous, I buy a little something...
The kettle corn is our favorite. We like to buy a bag to munch on while we listen to music in the park (another Thursday night tradition).
Isn't this produce gorgeous? It's even more exciting to buy green beans when they come in a cute little basket.
The beekeeper is always willing to give a sample of her apple cinnamon honey. I bought some bee balm from her a few weeks ago. It's great for long workouts!
My favorite samples come from this bread vendor. They always give me a huge slice of bread which I slather with homemade jam. It's too bad their loaves are seven bucks each. That's a bit steep for me.
The local glass artists and jewelers sell their products in a tiny shop at the end of main street. We love to visit the 4 retreivers that help run the place. They even have a special dog bed in the window.
Shelby is a hit with every kid in a stroller.
This man sits in front of the jewelry shop every week. He sings and plays his guitar all day.
Time to head home...
4 comments:
You're so dang cute! We're going to our farmer's market tomorrow. Maybe I'll blog it too and we can compare notes. Sounds like a really nice community that you moved to!
Wow! You guys are always doing something fun. I'm jealous that you can wander around outside all day without having to be hosed down every 15 minutes to cool off! Maybe we should move to Ohio. . .
Nothing tastes like fresh! Enjoy the fruits of others' labor. What a nice weekly outing for you and the kids (and Shelby too). We have something like that here in Logan each Saturday. thanks for the photos. Love to all of you!
What cute photos! We wish we were there with you. We really miss you guys. It's also too darn hot here!
Post a Comment