Rick and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary. Jake and Emma made us a scrumptious cake complete with candles.
Rick worked. A LOT. When too many days go by without seeing him, I get a little cranky. Sometimes the kids and I show up at work so we can eat a meal with him. Rick's job has its perks, like playing in the helicopter.
With threw Emma a big ol' birthday extravaganza when she turned 12. The tiara was her idea.
I made a little Emma shrine in the entryway and the Young Womens Presidency decorated her room with streamers and balloons.The girls were craaaaaazy! Like, hopped up on sugar crazy!!! It was such a loud night that Jake hid out in his room with the pets.
Emma received many thoughtful presents like makeup, candy, and more makeup. She now wears more eyeshadow than I do!
The girls ate pizza, played games, watched movies, and danced with the Kinect.
11 out of 14 guests showed up. Whew!
Our little princess is growin' up!
We finally got to break out the snow blower one day in January. Other than that, it's been an unusually mild season. We're not complaining.
It was so depressing after the Christmas decorations came down that I decided to celebrate January this year. I added some wintry silver and gold touches around the house.
I subbed seminary one week, but got sick the last day. The pets took care of me.
Aaaaaaaand we went to the Bahamas. No big deal.
3 comments:
It's about time you posted about January! Love the photos of Emma and her princess-y party. I love the January decor. I agree that a house looks mighty austere once the Christmas stuff comes down. That's why I leave my Italian lights twinkling in the back garden every night!
I wish we could have been there to give our Emma Jane a big birthday hug!
The parties look fantastic!
Post a Comment