Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Reunion Day 3: Earl Family Olympics

I have a special talent for threading a ball of yarn through my pants in record time. How do I know this? The Earl Family Olympics, of course!

In this game, teams must thread yarn down the tops and bottoms of each player. Once all team mates are connected, out the yarn must go. The first ones finished with this task are declared the winners.

To help the process, the yarn is attached to a heavy metal spoon. Unfortunately for Dusty and her team, this didn't make a difference.

Synchronized walking on 2X4s proved to be quite a challenge. It takes a great leader and obedient followers.

With every step forward, the girls' legs slid further apart.

You laugh now, but wait until YOU try it!

The great thing about the Olympics is that it's fun for both players and spectators.

I think that's Bon's game face.

These boys must be talking strategy for the adult heat.

It's time for the kids to watch how it's done!

Ummmm...these grown-ups can't seem to move forward 5 feet!

Ava climbs high to get a bird's-eye view.

Next Event: The 3-Legged Race (not a hit with some of the smaller contenders).

Who will win? The BOYS or the GIRLS?

Emma and Sarah take the lead. GIRLS WIN!!!

How do the adults fare?

I played a little dirty (notice my grip on Dusty's arm).

Bon deserves high marks for ducking under the citrus trees.

V.I.C.T.O.R.Y.!!!

Now for the final event: Blindfolded Pudding Eating Contest!

Tim was such a good sport.
Medals for everyone!

5 comments:

Janet and Nate said...

I'm very confused but deeply curious regarding the spoon relay. However, looks like merriment was had by all!

Terry said...

Janet - you would have enjoyed the instructions directed at the kids. "don't put the spoons in you underwear". (Immediately after this activity the spoons were taken by a HAZMAT team.)

Thanks for capturing the moment Audrey. This was such a fun activity!

Heidi Totten said...

We have such a fun family. A weird family for sure, but a fun family!

Alli said...

It looks like great fun! Silly Earls!

The LaLa said...

Who says there's not much athletic ability in the Earl family gene pool? (Okay, realistically -- David got all of it.) But since we married athletic people, we've brought in ringers, and our kids are good little competitors. Awesome! Next reunion, Trivial Pursuit and Scrabble tournaments! Then I will rule. Love the photos and the memories, Audge.