Sunday, May 31, 2009

Marblehead, OH

Our friends, the Cornells, have introduced us to a number of small town "hot spots" lately. On Memorial Day, we drove to Marblehead (near Sandusky) to experience the wonders of Mystery Hill .

Of course, once we arrived, everyone had to potty and have snacks.

Then we shuffled over to this crazy, mixed up house.

Jacob defies gravity!

That water is running uphill!

Be careful Rick!

Now that's just weird.

How does she do that?

How about we move into this place instead?

We should've had our V8.

Next we took a self-guided tour through The Prehistoric Forest. The kids found a dino dig and managed to excavate so perfectly preserved fossils.

Good work there girls!

Look out for that triceratops!

I thought they only ate plants???

Emma got tangled up with this enormous snake.

Jake's a little worried...

Wanna ride?

As if ALL THAT wasn't enough, we went to see an old lighthouse on Marblehead. It was such a windy day that Lake Erie seemed more like an ocean. Look at those waves!

We had to huddle together for warmth.

We want it to be summer so badly that we wear shorts, but it's cold enough that we have to keep a sweatshirt on.
I don't think you'll find many sea shells here Em.

If you look across Lake Erie, you can see Canada.

It may be a lake, but it still makes you feel small.

This lighthouse still operates today.

It's random stuff like this giant pizza dude that makes the drive so fun. You just never know what you'll see on the side of the road.

How could we NOT stop at Cheesehaven?

For all your cheesy needs, shop http://www.cheesehaven.com/.
We really know how to have a good time here in Ohio. Doesn't it make you wanna visit?

5 comments:

The LaLa said...

It surely does. I think we will, in exactly 17 days! I love all these random little attractions. Cheesehaven looked especially interesting to me! Are we going to Sandusky, Cedar Point?

GMA S said...

Yes, yes, yes! So many fun places to go and fun things to do. My next trip can't be soon enough!

Alli said...

You have me convinced! Now convince Ryan's work that he needs an extra week or two off. . . That wacky house looks so cool and the dino forest would be a huge hit and Jeffey would spend all day throwing rocks into Lake Erie and I would be content with chilliness after the weather we've had lately!

Leah W said...

How fun Audrey we totally need to go check that place out....Cute blog by the way and you are so goo at keeping it up to date...I am a failure blogger...i am constantly back posting and faking the post dates so they all come out in order! Ha

The Hatch Family said...

Such fun! I really would love to visit. What a blast!! The pics of Emma remind me of my sweet friend I met in fifth grade. Love it!!! Aren't we still supposed to be that young and carefree?!?! Surely!!