Thursday, May 7, 2009

Emmy's Flowery Field Trip

Emma's 3rd Grade class took a walking field trip to the 577 Foundation this misty morning. We worried that it would be canceled due to the heavy fog and sprinkles, but the clouds restrained themselves. My group got to start the tour at the bee hives and bee room.
We even got to see a real queen!

We learned about the life of a bee keeper.

Emma acted like she was queen bee.

Little frogs hid in the grasses of this tiny pond...

Inside the green house, the kids got to feed the coi.

This treehouse would make a pretty cool hideout in the summer.

Apple and pear trees are in full bloom. The floating petals look like snowflakes falling to the ground.

Nice touch Em!

What a great class!

Emma's BFFs...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I'm very glad you were able to come with us, and that you had a good time! Karen Helton

Alli said...

What a fun field trip! That girl is sure getting tall!

GMA S said...

It does my heart good to see Emma surrounded by her girlfriends. She looks very happy. I envy you and all the Spring green.

The Hatch Family said...

What a great place! I wanna go!!! :)

The LaLa said...

Oh, she looks sooo happy! I'm sure she's been missing having lots of girlfriends around every day. What beautiful photos, especially the flowering pear tree. She reminds me of you so much. A great day!

Debra said...

Emma, I think you can make friends with a fence post. You are such an outgoing, friendly girl. I'm glad you are enjoying school and making friends. From the pics you look like you've got some great girl friends. Keep it up! GIRLS RULE AND BOYS DROOL!