We got a late night phone call Tuesday. Rick answered, paused for a moment, and handed the phone to me with a confused look on his face. A whispering voice greeted me at the other end of the line. It was Jessi, an instructor from the YMCA. She was sick in bed and needed me to teach her Stay Fit class for seniors. What could I say? She was in a jam and I was available. I reluctantly said yes and asked her for to send me some ideas in an e-mail. In the back of my mind I started worrying about injuring someone inadvertently because of my inexperience. I even had nightmares about it while sleeping.
When I got in my car the next morning, I accidentally set off the car alarm. I could not get the darn thing to turn off! I put the key in the ignition hoping that would end the offending noise. Nothing happened. The alarm eventually stopped and I tried the key again. The lights and GPS turned on, but the car would not turn over. I tried multiple times with no success, the alarm going off a few more times in the process. I started texting and calling like a madwoman. No one was answering at 7:30, so I left desperate messages. I paged Rick at the hospital and had him trouble shoot with me over the phone. We couldn’t figure it out. Finally, I decided to say a quick prayer (duh). Within 3 minutes, I was on my way! I started class a little late, but the ladies were very understanding.
You want to know something funny? I enjoyed teaching the seniors. They were very sweet and appreciative. They said they liked trying something new. It was a fun challenge for them. Go figure! And, no one fell or broke anything. BONUS!
I’m so grateful for my car. I totally take it for granted! It’s so great to get places quickly, without getting rained on. Sure, it’s dirty. Yah, it smells like the Father and Sons campout. But, I love my sweet ride. As I think back, my car and I have had some pretty great times together. Hats off to ya Santa Fe!
2 comments:
I think maybe I could handle your Seniors Aerobic class. . . You spin a great yarn :)
Will you do that class again when I come to visit? I want to go to your classes, but you'll have to put me in the back where I won't embarrass myself or you when I collapse.
Post a Comment