We’ve got a week to go before the big move, and I’ve been thinking a lot about what I’ll miss about this place. Here’s my list so far:
I never tire of seeing the green grass, huge trees, and variety of critters. That's a cardinal below on the fence.
Doggies
Our backyard neighbors have a sweet old dog that chases squirrels all day. How they torment him! We get a show every night with our dinner. My favorite pup has to be little Maggie across the street. She practically turns herself inside out when she sees us. At only 6 months, she’s learning to walk on a leash and sit when someone pets her. Her owners are lucky to walk her 100 feet before she lies down in the grass. She really makes Shelby look good.
Golf Courses
We might live in a country club neighborhood, but we sure don’t live the lifestyle. Rick’s hasn’t golfed or played tennis since we’ve been here. I’ve not taken the kids out on the lake in a paddle boat either. We do enjoy the landscape that a golf course provides though. I've had some of my best walks ever, right around my house. That is our cardinal again below.
We might live in a country club neighborhood, but we sure don’t live the lifestyle. Rick’s hasn’t golfed or played tennis since we’ve been here. I’ve not taken the kids out on the lake in a paddle boat either. We do enjoy the landscape that a golf course provides though. I've had some of my best walks ever, right around my house. That is our cardinal again below.
Our basement has been a great conversation piece this year. For those readers just turning in, the home owner is a body builder and has all kinds of weight lifting equipment downstairs. This is a competition picture of him from a few years back. 
I love the Arnold Schwarzenegger posters glued to the wall. Our membership to YMCA is superfluous when you consider the variety of machines we’ve got downstairs.
Rick and I have enjoyed some killer naps in our bedroom. This room always feels much cooler than the rest of the house (a plus in the summer). It’s also quite dark because of the big shade tree right outside the window.
When you pull the drapes and turn on the fan, it’s snooze-tastic. We even have special clocks with dimmer switches so the pesky light from the clock face won’t penetrate closed eyelids.
Big Bedrooms
Even as I type this, Jake is having a full-out battle with invisible bad guys in his bedroom. He won't have that kind of space in his new room. And, Miss Emma's room is so big and full of light your practically have to wear sunglasses!
*Stay tuned for my post about what I won't miss!
4 comments:
That is such a funny video - my and that boy is big! I've still got a smile on my face. I'll bet you are going to miss that lovely place and you'll love your new house too!
Just look at all that green! You have lived in a lovely neighborhood and I am sure you enjoyed living there. I am just glad that I was able to visit you and see for myself. Loved the video and giggling Jake.
What a great house full of wonderful memories. You have been very blessed. However, I am so excited for the memories and experiences you will have in your new house. We can hardly wait to see it!
I have to admit I'll miss that lovely park and your lovely rental home. I especially loved sitting in your hot tub on the back deck, soaking in that view!
Post a Comment