There is no shortage of trees and foliage in our neighborhood. It is truly a bird's paradise for nest building. Despite these many options though, one mother robin built her nest in some silk flowers hanging from our front porch.
She seems to be an attentive mother. She faithfully sits atop her eggs each day. We must watch her from inside our dining room or she'll fly away. We don't want her to abandon the babies altogether, so we're keeping our distance.

I hope these little guys make it!
4 comments:
What fun you are having! Those eggs really are a bright blue, aren't they? I know how excited I was to watch the two little hummingbird chicks and how concerned I was when we had rain. I fretted about those two little birdies ever so much. I hope mama bird is successful and all of you are able to watch the whole progression until they leave the nest. Won't that be fun?!
I guess that is what Pottery Barn means when they call something "Robin's Egg Blue"!! Beautiful! What fun . . . and how lucky for you that the mama has a fondness for silk plants over real ones. Go figure! Love it!!
These are so pretty -- you almost hate to see them cracked open! This reminds me of the dove who made her next in our elm tree. Didn't I save the next for you and Sheila to use in your classrooms? This is a fun nature experience -- a field trip right at home. It was great to visit with you today, Audge. I miss you so much.
That mama bird has wonderful decorating sense! What a lovely spot for a nest and what pretty little eggs :)
Post a Comment