We had an ice storm last night. It was expected that Detroit would get 7-11 inches of snow. We however, were just on the edge of the northerners' snow and the southerners' rain. That meant an ice storm for us. We had about 1-2 inches of ice fall. It coated EVERYTHING. Luckily, We park in our garage. However, the trees are all coated with a layer of ice. We have icicles and everything. The trees look very pretty, but it has made for some less-than-ideal driving conditions. We are supposed to have snow daily from now through Christmas Eve. We should have a white Christmas this year

These are a bunch of geese that were flying home for Christmas. We have gaggles fly overhead squawking from time to time.
9 comments:
I love the picture of the Christmas bulb with ice on it. That would make a nick Christmas card photo.
Keep warm!
Those pictures make me shiver. So I guess our 45 degree weather in the mornings is not quite as frosty as I thought? I hope you're staying warm :)
I am glad that I missed the ice storm, but wish I could have had more snow. Be safe driving around, and back and forth. It IS almost winter, right?
We had these in Virginia quite often in the winter. They are really wild!
I remember having those in Roanoke, VA more often than actual snow. They were quite spectacular, but deadly. We would slip and slide around just trying to get into our car in the morning because the driveway was so slippery. Be careful driving, you guys! But enjoy the White Christmas part! Beautiful photos.
We're supposed to have an ice storm this weekend. So looking forward to it. But at least I don't have to leave the house. Dix on the other hand...
Love your new family photo.
I second it...Brrrrrrrr.
Merry Christmas, we love you!
I was thinking about you and your snow yesterday as I was bundling up our youngest and remembering when it took a 1/2 hr to get two kids into snow attire. You are lucky your kids are old enough to do it themselves! Our snow storm is still raging, but it's so beautiful. We have a new family in our ward from AZ and she was mentioning it being hard to get used to the driving. So here is my best advice. Just remember that second and first gears can be your best friend when stopping on icy roads, even w/an automatic car. You used the engine to slow you down instead of just breaks. Have a Merry Christmas!
This is beautiful! It reminds me of Boston--but I had no idea that you moved! How long have you been there? How do you like it? Hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment