Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Birthgiving!

Yesterday I celebrated my 32nd birthday and Thanksgiving in style. My loving family surprised me with a homemade brunch. Jacob and Emma met me at the door in their finest clothes and served me Rick's famous cheddar cheese omelette. Next, they showered me with hugs and kisses (as offered on the "dessert" menu). To complete the birthday portion of the day, I got to open sweet cards and presents from loved ones. Jake and Emma gave me new hats, scarves, and mittens. Rick had a remote car starter installed in my Santa Fe. I guess my family is already sick of my complaints about the cold.

Instead of slaving away in the kitchen for dinner, we drove up to Michigan for a scrumptious (though overpriced) Turkey Day buffet. We had a 3:30 reservation but we still had to wait awhile. The only place the kids could sit down was at the bar. Nice, huh?

One of our favorite part about the meal was that we didn't have to clean up. We were disappointed to miss out on our mothers' homemade pies though!

Here's our crew (Audrey, Rick, Emma, Jacob, Max, Georgia, Griffin, Cathryn, Jared, and Jared's sister).

9 comments:

Terry said...

What a wonderful surprise! That Jacob, Emma and Rick. They know how to show a good time! And the dinner looks great! Miss you guys!

The Hatch Family said...

Yea! I am so glad you had a fun birthday . . . and Thanksgiving! November 27th has been stuck in my brain since I was 10. I honestly remember it every year. Too fun!! Maybe I am longing for just one more sleepover in the Colyar's basement! Hee hee!!

So much to celebrate!! Fun!

Anonymous said...

So glad that your family made your special day special for you! Also, glad that Rick didn't have to work and could spend the day with you. We missed you.

Bon said...

looks like fun!!! we missed your for sure though. happy b-day!

Alli said...

Brilliant plan with the going out to eat instead of slaving away making turkey and mashed potatoes on your birthday :) You look beautiful, I'm glad you had a great day.

Anonymous said...

In the bottom picture I'm still chewing!

Les said...

You look gorgeous and happy and I just started crying because I miss you guys so much. We have GOT to get together one of these...years. Miss you!

The LaLa said...

So was the food good??? And I don't mean Rick's omelette -- I KNOW that was good. We missed you, both for your birthday and Thanksgiving. Love you so much!

Jesika said...

32, huh!!! You have such a great family to treat you like the QUEEN that YOU are!! :o) I'm glad you had a happy birthday!