Fortunately, Jake has made some great friends in his Primary class the past few months, so we took care of all the planning and inviting at the Ward Halloween party 3 nights ago. We didn't have to write invitations, blow up balloons, or make goodie bags. All we did was rent a movie from the Red Box, bake a cake, and pick up some $5 pizzas at Little Caesar's.
5 minutes before the party was to start, Rick was inspired to drag our empty moving boxes from the basement. He set up a Nerf gun shooting range in the front yard. and the boys shot each other for over 30 minutes.
Why did I take the Wilton cake decorating class? I haven't used that skill since Jake's 1st birthday party! Kids are just as happy to eat a Funfetti cake made in a 9x13 pan.
I bet he's wishing for more video games!
11 comments:
Happy Birthday Jacob. Wow--11 years old. Where has time gone!!
May all your birthday wishes come true!!
Love, the Frampton's
It's crazy how lessons are learned but we all have to learn them.
Happy Birthday to Jacob!!
Sometimes simple things are better. Kids just want to have fun and this party proves that. Glad that Jake has some good friends in his ward, and that they shared this special birthday with him. Happy Birthday, Jacob!
Awesome, dude! Happy birthday tomorrow. Wait, it is tomorrow! I think it's fun that you're still using cardboard boxes for Jake's birthday!!
Thank you all for the comments. I'm having a GREAT birthday weekend.
Happy Birthday Jake! Porter was just remembering about it yesterday and forgot to call! Maybe tonight...
Bonnie, Whit and I were talking about Jake's birthday last night at our song practice (pause to shed a tear for our lost-but-not-forgotten Audrey), and I said I'll bet she'll have a new post up, and sure enough! Great job on the party, those are my favorite kinds of bashes. Happy Birthday Jacob, I still remember your puppy party, wasn't that when you turned one?
How fun to get a look at your life. Sorry I haven't been checking more often. I will do better. I check facebook more often. Wondering how you are doing. We are singing Mountain of the Lord this week and it is just not the same with out you. We are not even replacing you. That is how sad it is. Love you miss you
Bittersweet that the little ones grow to plan their own fun in just a few short years . . . thanks for the simplicity reminder!! I love learning from you, Audrey!
Hugs!!
You're so creative Audrey! What a fun party. Boys are so easy going! What could be better than running around shooting targets! Happy Birthday Jacob.
Isn't that the truth! It is so easy for kids to have a good time, no matter what the age!
Post a Comment