Monday, November 17, 2008

Book Sale

I'm so proud of myself! I just have to share the major deals I got at my local library - yup, the library.

Every few months or so, they have a book sale down in the basement. The books come from from patron donations and the library shelves themselves. I think the money earned goes to help library programs or something.

Anyway, I happened to be at the right place at the right time. I scored 30+ books, including several award winners and hardbacks. The deal was that I could stuff as much as would fit into a paper sack for just 10 bucks. Some of my favorite finds were:

The ENTIRE Mitford series by Jan Karon
A brand new RealSimple cookbook
Several Newberry and Caldecott winners for the kids
The Corduroy picture books

Isn't that something? I can't wait for the next sale...

5 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

I love the Mitford Series! You totally scored!

The LaLa said...

I loved the Mitford books too -- at least the first 4 I've read, and then another one Dad and I listened to on audiobook while taking a trip. What an awesome score!

Anonymous said...

I love books! You introduced me to the Mitford series and I now have 7. Good books to read and re-read. You ARE a good shopper!

Alli said...

Nice work Audge! Apparently I'm missing out since I haven't read the "Mitford" series, oops!

The Hatch Family said...

What a bargain shopper. I love it!!!