Jacob reached a milestone tonight. Cub Scouting is now behind him because he officially advanced into the 11-year-old Scouting program.
We're also proud to say that he earned his Arrow of Light, an additional honor he worked very hard to achieve. This special Native American arrow will remind him to continue onward.
As part of the ceremony, Jacob had to recite the Scout oath in front of everybody.
He also demonstrated his ability to tie a square knot.
Rick just received a calling to serve as the 11-year-old Scout leader. He will team up with another doc-in-training, so hopefully the two will be able to tag team their responsibilities.
10 comments:
Yeah Jacob!! I can't believe how old he's getting!!! I wish time could stand still until we see you guys again!
Yahoo Jacob Saunders!!
Keep up the good work!!
Great job Jacob! We are so proud of you. It was fun seeing you so excited about scouting when we visited. I loved catching you reading the scout manual on your own!
Jacob, you are lucky to get to work with your dad as a scout. He will teach you many things that you need to know and you will have fun with him. We are so proud of you. Many fun and exciting things lay ahead for you in scouting.
Right on, Chicken! That's awesome! We were the bear den leaders for awhile so we got a glimpse of how great scouting is!
That's awesome. I have three boys and scouting will soon be my future. John can not wait!!
Wow, that brings back memories. I have photos of Tim pinning me in the same way! Way to go, Jake. You will be an awesome Scout, and how fun to have Dad in on it with you. We're very proud of you.
Congratulations Jake! My Jeffey is about to earn his Wolf, he loves cub scouts and has a goal to get his Arrow of Light when he is 11 too! You did a lot of hard work, you will be well prepared to be an excellent Scout!
Congrats Jacob! That's quit an accomplishment, I just know you're going to tear it up as a scout. Now that Conner is a scout I really miss those pine wood durby's!
Jacob, good job! But don't pop your neck in a ceremony.
Post a Comment