Monday 6/27
My sister-in-law Dusty should get an award for her multi-tasking abilities. Tim had to go to that pesky job of his, so Dusty was put in charge of entertaining us all.She spent the day juggling her duties as hostess, mommy, and boat captain. She made endless trips around the lake, giving us all wild rides on the giant tube (with Evan on her lap I might add). She patiently worked with all the water sport novices. Jakey gots lots of tries on the wake board and Emma bravely rode the ski board.
Because of the heat, we spent lots of time chillin' in the lake. I was the sunblock Nazi to Emma, slathering SPF 70 on her whenever I could wrestle her to the ground. Her medications make her extra sun sensitive and prone to burns. The last time I was lax about her sunscreen she got a terrible rash all over the exposed areas:
Tim was able to join us late in the day, just when the sun was starting to set over the desert (my favorite time). He took some turns on the wake board and amazed us with his flips and jumps. Man - he has mad skills! His daughters are following in his footsteps too. Ava is fearless out on the water. Even 3-year-old Rachel knows how to ride with finesse on the ski board.
Tuesday-Thursday 6/28-6/30
The kids and I returned to Gilbert with the Tim Colyar fam to spend a few more days with them.Some of my favorite moments included:
- Jake grooving with his little cousins to Just Dance 2
- Eating out at Oregano's and enjoying their delicious salad and pizza
- Staying up way too late talking with Dusty
- Checking out the local Costco
- Shopping at the mall and DownEast Basics
- Looking at houses with the kids
- Sleeping...a lot!!!
We eventually made our way back to the west side for another night at Freedom Plaza with Grandma and Grandpa Saunders. We swam in the indoor pool and had contests to see who could swim the length of the pool in one breath. The kids played billiards and ping pong while I tried out the exercise center. Emma and I came to learn that Jake snores (loudly) while he sleeps. And, he sleeps like the DEAD in the morning. He cannot be moved from his bed unless it's his idea. Teenagers!
Up next: The Earl Family Reunion with LOTS of pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment