Friday, September 25, 2009

Stepping out of my comfort zone

Last night I decided to embrace my inner Latina. My friend Myra teaches Zumba at the Y, and I tried it out. I loved it! I felt totally stiff and ridiculous, but I had fun laughing at myself. I looked a little like Elaine Benes on Seinfeld.

After being a cheerleader and teaching step aerobics, I'm used to sharp, precise movements. Zumba is totally different. It's free and loosey-goosey. I realize that I need to loosen up and "dance like no one is watching". It's hard for me to do!!! I've gotta go practice my shimmy...

3 comments:

Sheila and Mario said...

Yeah Audrey! I love the thought of you bringing out your inner Latina and moving those hips!

One of our Latina friends in MD teaches Zumba and swears by it. I would love to take a class too!

Alli said...

You were always good at dance so I'm sure you'll get those hips going and quickly be at the top of the class! I'm glad you are having fun - you are too cute!

The LaLa said...

Ay, caramba! I can only imagine it. Wish I had a hidden camera. Awesome, Audrey. You can show us some moves at New Year's.