Friday, September 4, 2009

My Personal Best

Some of my readers may know that I'm riding in the Amtrak Century next weekend with my Dad. He's ridden it several times, and this will be my second experience. We'll be joined by my mom's cousins Marina and Ixka. While I'm excited to see my family and the Pacific Ocean, I'm worried about this ride. The last time I did it I was in better cycling shape. My Dad and I trained quite a bit together over the summer so I was much more prepared.

Sure, it was a long day on that skinny, little seat. But, it was so fun! The weather was perfect and the scenery was amazing.

At the end of the ride, I felt like I could conquer anything!
As and added treat, we got ice cream and massages later that evening. Nice!

I've been training sporadically over the summer by myself. It's totally not the same. It's hard to go riding alone, with no one there to motivate you. I have sure missed my Dad! The riding seems so much harder, which is nuts because the weather is better, the roads are flatter, and the scenery is supremely more beautiful! I still managed to pull off my personal best solo ride yesterday. This was after I taught early morning seminary mind you. Check out my distance:

That's right! 70 miles, thank you very much. All by myself. I don't want to brag or anything. But, I basically rock!

9 comments:

Tatum said...

You do rock! Good luck next weekend!

I love reading your blog to see what you guys are up too. I always read your new posts even though i don't comment much!

Alli said...

Wow! Great cycling Audge! Of course you will be awesome in the race - that's just how you roll :)

Randi said...

That is so awesome!!! You totally rock! I'm excited to get more into cycling myself.

The LaLa said...

You rock AND roll! I've always said so. I have no worries about you with the race. And I'm so glad you'll be with Dad. It means so much to him. I just wish we had more time to visit -- we'll have to talk, talk, talk on the drive to Cali. See you Thursday!

Terry said...

I have no worries about your ride. You are a natural athlete! I am so looking forward to riding with you. It always makes my ride so much more fun. I have had difficulty finding the time to train this year as well. No worries, it will be great!

Alli said...

P.S. I saw your Dad tonight at Natalie's reception and he biked 75 miles today! What a bunch of crazy people you are.

I still think you are nifty though.

Bon said...

I've always thought you rocked

MarangiFam said...

Wow, Audrey - You're my BICYCLE hero!! I usually turn to mush after 10 minutes of spinning...
Wishing you the best on your ride :-)

Michelle said...

Way to go Audrey! Great job! From the looks of it I don't think you have anything to worry about. Half the battle is mental and you go girl!