Unfortunately, the hotel's continental breakfast isn't served until 6:30 on weekends. Oops! At least we got some photos in.

Aren't we a lovely harem on this crazy adventure with Terry?

Since we didn't get breakfast before we started the ride, we were very happy to reach the first rest area. We enjoyed some fruit and muffins before continuing on.

Only 25 miles in, and we're still looking fresh.

Notice the funny signs they had by the water truck...

Each stop had a bike mechanic for making adjustments, tire changes, etc. Here's the sign next to their canopy...

Time to go!

The next leg brought us closer to the coastline...and the traffic. You can see in this picture that we had to ride along the freeway for awhile. Yikes! It made me nervous when I had to ride past a cyclist who'd had an accident along the side of the freeway. The emergency response people put a neck brace on her and everything. Scary!

We breaked for lunch at about the 60 mile point. I still felt so great. I found that when I rode with others, I was much faster and much stronger. Drafting made all the difference. When it was time to haul myself up Torrey Pines hill, I still had plenty of juice. In fact, I passed a bunch of people on the way up. Oh ya!


9 comments:
Yeah Audrey and Daddy! You guys are so awesome to do that race. Maybe one of these years I will get my behind off the sofa and train so I can join you! :)
awesome!!
Congratulations!! You are wonder woman! I really want to get into cycling too. That would be so fun to have a big family team.
It meant so much to Dad to have you join him, Audrey. That was his best birthday present! Thanks for keeping an eye on him so I wouldn't worry! You rock!
Thank you so much for riding with me Audrey. It was the best birthday present ever! If you are up for it, the invitation is open for next year. I believe the ride falls on my birthday in 2010!
Wowsa! You are made of steel and pretty :) Did you get a good time/score/place/achievement unit?
Yay. That is awesome. So proud of you. Looks like you were happy the whole time. I would not be so happy. Loved the signs. Very funny.
You ride girl!!! Love ya!!
wow mom! i hope there will be an oportunity for me to do something like that. a triathalon or something. anywho......i can't wait to see all of you when i come yo az:)!!!
Post a Comment