I'm back from my journey into the west. It was such a crazy-fast trip, I can barely keep all the details in my brain. I'll try to recall the highlights before I drop from total exhaustion...
Thursday
I packed my little backpack of essentials and slowly made my way towards Detroit. On the way, I stopped to shop at the mall, gas up at Costco, and treat myself to a Chipotle salad. In fact, I dawdled so much that I arrived at the airport with just 45 minutes to spare. I guess all that free time to myself got me carried away.
The flight was fairly painless. I snagged a front row seat so I could actually stretch my legs and get up once in a while. I entertained myself by watching The Bucket List and listening to some tunes on my I-Pod. It was weird to leave at 6:15 eastern time and arrive at 7:30 in Phoenix though.
After my folks picked me up, we immediately drove to my brother's house for a family shin-dig.
It was fun to see how much everyone had changed since I last saw them, especially my cute and preggo sister, Sheila.
My neice Rachel didn't remember me, so I tried to bribe her with a Disney princess lunch box full of snacks. (I got a lot of comments while carrying it around the airport).
They've grown taller and more beautiful since I saw them in January.
Jaiden has totally mastered the hula hoop and gave me quite a show.
Mom made a delicious, homemade german chocolate cake to commemorate Dad's special day.
Dusty and Sheila are due just a few weeks apart, so I couldn't resist taking this adorable picture...
My parents and I got up early to drive to Irvine in Friday morning. On the way out of the valley, I made them stop by our old house in Sun City.
I couldn't believe how much our little plants had grown!

We arrived early in the afternoon, leaving us time to do some shopping. It had been years since I'd gone to Old Navy.
We arrived early in the afternoon, leaving us time to do some shopping. It had been years since I'd gone to Old Navy.
I scored some good deals.

After eating a hearty dinner of burgers and fries, we called it a day. I went to bed early (9:00) so that I'd have some energy before the big ride. I had a room all to myself and I slept surprisingly well.
After eating a hearty dinner of burgers and fries, we called it a day. I went to bed early (9:00) so that I'd have some energy before the big ride. I had a room all to myself and I slept surprisingly well.
Stay tuned for pictures and stories of our ride...
5 comments:
Awww! Your parents have the cutest kids! I'm excited for the next installment :)
You took a lot of really great pictures!! The pregnant ladies look so cute. Their outfits kind of compliment each other too. Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures. Looks like you had a lot of fun!
So glad we could see you-even if it was just for a few hours! I love the pictures! I think I may even steal the belly pics and re-post them on my blog too:)
Whew, that was the shortest family reunion ever. Like...about an hour! It is always wonderful to have us all together laughing. It is true -- the fondest memories are made while gathered around a table. In our case, it was eating German Chocolate cake!
It was great to see you in REAL life. I wish there were more time to visit and when I wasn't so tired. I get wiped out by the end of the day. Way to go on the bike race, you are such an inspiration to me. I am so glad you guys are coming for the reunion. I miss your family so much. Love your cute pictures.
Post a Comment