We discovered more things to see and do at Greenfield Village today. Our first stop was the working farm. As we entered the Firestone house, we were greeted by the smells of their dinner meal cooking on the wood burning stove. Laid out on the table was a spread of pickled vegetables and canned peaches from previous harvests. The women in the kitchen spoke to us about their chores as they beat eggs and rolled out dough. They also introduced us to to the variety of chickens and roosters wandering about the yard.

Jacob couldn't resist trying out the old out house.

Emma pitched in with the laundry. Monday is always washing day because it's one of the most exhausting chores. It takes Sunday, the day of rest, to gear up strength for it.

I can understand why it would consume the day. It sure makes me appreciate my new front loaders!

I got three loads done before 9 o'clock this morning, thanks to my modern washer and dryer. It would have taken me 2 days the old fashioned way.

They added more lambs to the fold this spring. They're growing up quickly.

When you see them up close and personal, they don't sees so cute and cuddly anymore. In fact, they are filthy and stinky!

Jake and Emma discovered a "new" game today. It looked like croquet to me. They took to it quite well.

This was a perfect day to play out under the trees. We couldn't have asked for better weather.

Emma and I couldn't resist the hat shop while Jake went down to ride the Model Ts. Isn't it funny to see such a froo-froo hat on this tomboy?

What we women do in the name of fashion...
This face just about sums up my day with the kids. We had a great time in Michigan, but I completely collapsed on the couch when we arrived home. Whew!
4 comments:
I'm so envious. I wish we could have had time to go to the Firestone Farm part, and had better weather too. I'm so glad you went back and had such a good time.
That looks like so much fun! We spoke to Kevin Johnson and his wife yesterday. They just moved into our Ward. They said they had an annual pass to the Ford Museum as well and they loved it.
You guys have the most fun adventures. Those hats look fantastic on you!
Hey Kids. I just saw in the August issue of Family Circle magazine (page 63) that Perrysburg, Ohio is one of the "BEST FAMILY TOWNS". The magazine's yearly roundup of perfect places to call home, they gave high marks to Perrysburg for affordable houseing, good neighbors, green space and A+ schools. Check it out.
Post a Comment