Sunday, February 8, 2009

Monday in the park with Mom

My brother Tim, and his wife Dusty, went to Tampa for the Super Bowl. They left their three girls with my parents and I was more than happy to help my Mom tend them. We walked everyone over to the neighborhood park for a picnic on Monday so we could enjoy the perfect weather. As soon as we arrived, we thought Rachel would want to run wild. Instead she spent 5 minutes buckling and unbuckling the straps of the jog stroller.
My kids' skin hadn't seen the light of day for a while, so I had to slather them with sunblock. Jake LOVED wearing shorts and a t-shirt again.

My neice Ava is blessed with gorgeous curly hair. Isn't she a beauty?

Emma was in heaven. It's been awhile since she's gotten to play in sand and such.

Even Lala played on the slide - or was she chasing Rachel?

Jaiden is a natural athlete like her parents. She climbs like a monkey.

It's much more fun to eat PBJs under the bridge.
Whew! After a long nap, Rachel was willing to read books with me. I used to read this very same book to Jake when he was little. It was favorite to be sure!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being with the cousins is what Emma has missed the most. She had a good time with them. I guess Jake and Tucker hanging out just wasn't quite the same.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the photo of Emma. One of my favorites ever.

The LaLa said...

We had so much fun that day! I'm so grateful we have a park walking distance away. It made entertaining 5 kids a little easier! Audrey, you were a big help to me that weekend.

Dusty said...

I loved reading all your posts from your trip. Blogs are so awesome! Thanks for helping out with our girls. It is fun to see pics that other people take of them when we are not around. We miss you guys so much but know you are right where you should be. Love you.