Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Relief In Sight

I met my replacement while teaching at the Y this morning (yay)! She seems great and is willing to start next week. I talked with my boss and she agreed to make the switch earlier than planned so that I can focus my attention on homeschooling. This could not happen at a better time because I am burning out!

Today I woke up at 5:00 to workout at the Y before the kids woke up. I returned home at 7:30 to shower and ready the kids. Then, I drove us all back to the Y to teach preschool (yes, Jake and Emma go to preschool with me). After a quick lunch of PB&J sandwiches, we plunged into our studies at 12:30. We worked diligently until 4:30 when we had to rush back to the Y a 3rd time for swim lessons (and lesson planning for me). I had dinner on the table by 6:30, then spent the rest of the evening preparing for my Tuesday and Wednesday classes. I haven't even thought about what I'm doing with Jake and Em tomorrow...

Time for bed!

8 comments:

Les said...

That will be good to be able to focus on your own school. Then maybe only twice a day to the Y? I'm so glad you and the kids are enjoying each other!

Heidi Totten said...

Have you looked into K12.com? I don't know if they have it in Ohio, but they have it most places. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all that you do, Audrey. You are great.

Alli said...

Holy Toledo (ha-ha, get it, 'cause you live there?), you are one busy chica! Are the kids appreciating all you do? Especially now that they get to see it up close and personal. You are Wonder Woman!

Terry said...

Sounds like it couldn't come at a better time! Great News!

Mom wants to know which class you will keep at the Y

Unknown said...

Alli - I've NEVER heard that one before. How DO you come up with this stuff? Ha!

As for the kids appreciating me more...if they truly did, they'd do the dishes without being asked, right?

Kathy said...

5AM Workout?! I love you for that! I use my workout as an extra long recess.

You are so great! I love reading about the success of your family schooling.Your are doing a super great job, keep it up!

The Hatch Family said...

Busy!! But, it sounds like fun too. It is neat that Jake and Emma get a little peek into your world.

Love your other blog too!! You know I love all that "learning stuff". Too great! So glad I get to tag along through your entries. Thanks!!