I must write down some of the sweet things Jacob said following General Conference this past weekend. Right after the last prayer of the last Sunday session, Jacob announced, "I want to try harder to be a better person."
Isn't he the sweetest? I responded, "That is exactly how we are supposed to feel after listening to the prophet and apostles. I feel that way too Buddy."
This morning, Jacob told me that he had been feeling bad about not saying his morning prayers regularly. After offering a sincere prayer, he reported feeling different, in a GOOD way. He asked, "Mom, do you ever tell Heavenly Father that you love him?"
"I sure do...all the time." I answered.
Jake grinned and said, "I told Heavenly Father that this morning in my prayer too."
I love this boy and I'm excited to see him developing his own testimony.
4 comments:
Did you get to watch conference on TV? I was not sure how that would work in Ohio. Yes, Jacob is growing up and thinking about those things that are most important. I am proud of you, Jacob. I am glad that you are thinking for yourself. Thanks for sharing with us.
What a fine young man. You tell that lad that Papa and Lala are very proud of his efforts. Give a little squeeze to Emma too!
I love those moments.
he's such a good kid. love that boy!
Post a Comment