Saturday, August 2, 2008

Mad Anthony River Rally

Weeks ago I signed us up for this 10 mile fun ride. Like my dad, I've tried to instill a passion in my kids for cycling. My efforts have been met with great resistance, especially from Emma. We've been training a few times a week with rides to the library and park, never traveling more than 7 miles round trip.

Well, our average speed was 6 miles an hour but we finished the ride in about 90 minutes. I was sooooo proud of the kids for sticking it out. Jake even said it was fun. I absolutely loved it! The weather was gorgeous and the scenery was lovely. I kept saying, "Dad would love this!" I wanted to stick around and finish the century ride with the other roadies.



The highlight for the kids was the pancake breakfast. We had to catch our flapjacks in order to eat them.



I dropped two hot cakes on the floor before scoring this one. Pathetic.

4 comments:

Les said...

That sounds like so much fun! It's nice to be in a place where it's not too hot to cycle in the summer, huh? We're loving it this summer!

Terry said...

I'm so very proud of you kids! Way to go Emma and Jake! I'm also very envious of the pancakes!

Dusty said...

PB looks like so much fun in the summertime. I love all of the posting you have been doing. It is so fun to see what you guys are up to. We miss you tons!

Anonymous said...

We miss you all!