The kids are growing up again! I keep telling them to stop, but they won't mind me. I sent them off to school this morning with a heavy heart, realizing that my baby is a 3rd grader.
I carefully packed their lunches complete with special love notes. When they discovered my secret, they scoffed and removed the offending napkins. Apparently they're too old for such embarrassing displays of parental affection.
Since the kids have never had to ride a school bus before, I offered to drive them to school. They wouldn't have that either. Instead we sat on our curb for 25 minutes, hoping their ride would come. None of the children in our immediate neighborhood go to public school, so we were unsure of the pick up time and location.
Emma's face showed no hint of anxiety as she climbed up the stairs. I, on the other hand, had to ask the bus driver 20 questions before they drove away.
I'm happy to report that we all survived the first day of school. Both kids described their teachers as "great" and "awesome". They made new friends and enjoyed their smaller classes. I kept busy by working out and shopping.
Later in the evening we went to an end-of-summer party for our ward. It took us over 35 minutes to drive to the host family's home, but it was worth it. The property had a well-stocked pond for fishing, boating, and swimming.


We found tons of tiny frogs along the bank. Jake immediately caught one...
This little guy almost came home with us, but reason won the day.
7 comments:
look at emma's face in the 10th picture up! hystarical
These are such great pictures! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Yes, thank you, thank you, thank you. I thought about the kids all day long and hoped that their first day at their new school would be successful. Sounds like it was. I'm so glad that things went well for them. You guys just keep finding more and more fun things to do! We love you and miss you.
It's soooo beautiful there Audrey. What fun experiences the kids are having. I'm sure your family is such a welcome blessing to their ward up there. Thanks for the pics, the kids sure are growing up fast.
Oh, these photos are just wonderful! I can't get over Emma's loooong legs all of a sudden. It was so fun talking with them on the phone last night. Thanks for letting them report on their first day. Sounds like it was truly memorable, with the addition of the ward picnic. I'm lonely for you all!
Once again...I want to go live there. It looks so fun!
Too funny about the lunch notes!! I guess I will need to get in my fill before mine get too big! Who knew there was such an early cut off?!?!
Did they start school on a Wednesday? Great idea! You can do anything for three days when you have a weekend to look forward to! The teachers must love it!
Post a Comment