Sunday, June 22, 2008

Odd Realization

We went to our new ward today. It was very welcoming and everyone seemed to know that there was a new family. Come to think of it, even in our neighborhood, we seem to have somewhat of a celebrity status. People approach us and say, "You must be the new family in the neighborhood."

Anyways, after church, I was approached by the scoutmaster. It seems that the ward's scout camp begins tomorrow. One of the boys still needed a camp physical. So he asked me if I could do it. My first thought was that I could not. Then it hit me...I could. He came over to the house and I did his physical after church. I even signed it myself. I didn't have to have anyone countersign it. Technically, I am not sure if my educational license allows me to do it, but I did it anyway.

I start orientation tomorrow. It is all HR stuff and renewal of my ACLS certification (advanced cardiac life support). I sould probably have a refresher so that I can MAYBE help if someone arrests in on my watch. I begin actual work on 7/1. My first night on call is 4/3. It looks like I will be off the night of 7/4 so I can do something with the family after I wake up since I will be coming off of a 30 hour shift. It's almost here. I am excited and worried at the same time. I am sure that it will all work out.

-Rick

3 comments:

Terry said...

Way to go Doctor!

Les said...

Hey, we have a pet that needs some medical attention...do you think you could help? :)

Heidi Totten said...

I'm so excited for you!