Warning: Don't read too much into the ramblings below!
My sister Bonnie is an old married lady now. She tied the knot with her dear Scott just last Saturday. Our whole family had the privilege of flying out to Arizona for the festivities (posts with pictures soon to come).
While I love all the charms of my current residence, I must admit that our trip west made me quite nostalgic for my old home. Flying into the valley of the sun at dusk reminded me of summer evenings spent riding bikes and swimming in a warm pool. Nothing beats a desert sunset either!
Los Compadres was our first stop after Sky Harbor Airport. One bite of their chips and salsa and I was in heaven! Gratefully, Rick's parents are always happy to indulge our craving for Mexican food the moment we arrive.
My mom and pop let us stay at their place in Peoria. They live near several small mountains great for running and hiking. Rick and I took advantage of the mild morning temperatures a couple of times. One day we were even lucky enough to run after a rare rain storm.The desert smelled wonderful! Oh, how I love the mountains!
Back in the day, my family would often gather for dinner and visiting late into the night. We revisited some of those old traditions and I realized just how much I missed them! I snuggled my newborn niece and nephew so much that I even started to fantasize about having another baby of my own. Yikes!
The wedding preparations left us little time for playing with friends, but we did manage to sneak in a lunch with our dear old friends Dix and Les Oliver. It was so good to hang out with them again. They've always been so easy to talk to. Plus, we all share a great love of Thai food. Hearing about the old ward and talking with their boys got me wondering if we made the right choice about staying in Perrysburg. Why wouldn't we want our kids to attend a high school where 10% of the students are LDS?
Another thing that got me thinking was the new temple being built just minutes from where we used to live. How amazing to be so close! Our nearest temple is in Detroit...
Yep. All these things got me feeling a bit anxious about our decision to stay in Ohio, but I relaxed the moment we returned home. It felt right...until we heard Emma crying in her room last night. She wanted to go back HOME. Where, you ask? Home to Arizona. Oi!
3 comments:
We hope this will always feel like home to you, even if it is not your home anymore. I'm sad that Emma is sad, but we hope that will ease as time goes on. We miss you all terribly, but we also feel your decision was a good one...for now. :) Loved the post -- I can dream, can't I?
Ditto-I miss AZ. I realize you guys made a good decision to settle in Perrysberg (it is awesome,) but I still hope Mario and I will move "home" again someday. I miss Sunday dinners and I am sad Joel can't grow up right now playing with his cousins on a regular basis. Plus, I think Eli is sad that Emma is not around to hold him all the time now :-) XOXO
As your very good friend I fully support you in your decision to stay out there in the middle east. I also support all the feelings of longing and nostalgia you have been having, you are welcome to come back anytime :) Also, you should totally have another baby, maybe you'll luck out and get twins! Bwa ha ha ha!
Post a Comment