Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

"Jake, go put your arm around Emma for the picture..."
We drove down to good ol' Grand Rapids, Ohio for a Memorial Day lunch at our favorite pizza buffet. The restaurant was decked in patriotic paraphernalia, including a photographic tribute to veterans along the top of the salad bar sneeze guard. The food was delicious and the people watching exceeded our usual expectations. We may have witnessed a biker convention. I'm not sure.


Once we had our fill of the warm, buttery dessert breadsticks, we walked off our indigestion along the canal. With persistant nagging, I was able to get the kids to pose for a few bazillion pictures.

I think Jake might be showing off his biceps in this one.
What a catch!

This is what happens when you let your 14-year-old son hold the camera

This is also what happens when you let your son hold the camera. You have to pick your battles.

Don't let the green trees and running river fool you. It was hot outside, hence the ponytail.

Rick felt the discomfort of carrying his food baby. Those "Braxton Hicks" can be rough!


My handsome boys.

"Mom, take a picture of me with this guy's crazy hair!"


A sweet mother/daughter moment - NOT!

After walking 53 feet, the kids got tired! They had to rest in the swing.

Isn't she just so dang cute?!

The flowers along the path were g-g-g-goregeous!

We were lucky to get this shot of the whole family. The old guy behind the camera had a terrible time pushing the button.

Here's Rick's new car! It'll be Jake's in just over a year. Crazy, right?
Rick had to work in the ER from 3:00 to 1:00, poor guy. I'm sure he had a fun time dealing with the extra drunks and crazies that show up on holidays! The kids and I joined my besties and their families for a Memorial Day BBQ. Yup, I'm blessed!

The Triple As: Audrey, Angie, and Anita




5 comments:

Terry said...

Happy Memorial Day! It looks like you guys had a great day. We are counting the days.

Sheila and Mario said...

I love my Ohio family! I can't wait to see you guys in just over a month!!! Other random thoughts 1. I am sure Emma loved smelling Jacob's armpit in the first pic 2. Emma is decked out patriotic. I can't wait to see her outfit for the 4th here in DC!

The LaLa said...

I also loved Emma's red-white-blue garb. I felt like I should salute her! And...could Jacob's cheeks get any rosier? I think not. That has not changed since he was a little feller. I'll have to make him blush. Ah, Grand Rapids -- what a pretty place! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

Alli said...

Great pictures Audrey! You are so pretty :)

Adria said...

Love it! Your family is just fun. :)