Friday, November 11, 2011

Thanksgiving House

These days it seems that the Christmas season starts right after Halloween. I'm saddened by this. Isn't there a perfectly lovely holiday in between called Thanksgiving?

I've resisted the urge to launch into full fledged festivus until November 25th. I've kept out my pumpkins, acorns, and autumn leaves so that our family won't forget my favorite holiday. What other day do we celebrate food and family without the added pressure of presents or special clothes? It's great!

Here are some of the fall touches around Saunders House:

The Music Room

The fall centerpiece is new from Kirkland's Home this year. Everything else I already had.

 The Entryway

I spray painted the frame of the mirror with oil rubbed bronze. The metal pumpkin I scored for 80% off at Kirkland's. The apothecary jars are from Goodwill. The cornucopia and gourds are from Dollar Tree. The "Give Thanks" printable is from some blog I can't find now.

The Staircase

The garland is from good 'ol Hobby Lobby, 60% off Baby!

The Great Room

I love the way wreaths look hung in front of a mirror, so why not this pumpkin iron art that came from Big Lots? The grapevine lights were on clearance at Kirkland's. The ceramic bowl I won at an office party. The goodies inside the bowl came from Dollar Tree and Michael's. The cheesy scarecrow I've had forever. I blew up one my favorite family pics from fall a few years back.
The Mantel
I'm actually displaying one of my craft fails: my giant grapevine wreath. I spent about $15 in materials and 2+ hours of my time putting it together one night. I had to put it up. The turkey basket is from Goodwill, along with the candlesticks and cloche. The cornucopia and acorns I got for 80% off at Kirkland's. The pumpkin centerpiece I already had.
New Sofa Table
Pier One had the sofa table that goes with my side tables for 20% off. I had to get it so I'd have more horizontal surface for our nativities come December. I bought the fall table runner with my Kohl's cash. All the candles you've seen came from Costco. They are battery operated and they work by remote. Cool, huh?
Kitchen Window
Pupmkins and flowers are from Dollar Tree. The turkey candle holder is from Goodwill. The free vintage Thanksgiving printable is from somewhere on the world wide web. :)


7 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

Lovely! I'm coming to your house. :)

GMA S said...

Your home certainly looks festive and inviting. Great job, Audrey. You ARE the bargain shopper and get a lot for your $$s.

The LaLa said...

It all looks so pretty and inviting. I love Thanksgiving too, and it seems to get overlooked! Autumn is a lovely season -- we should celebrate it longer! So lovely.

Bon said...

so so pretty. i already told you your house looks like a model home. can you come decorate mine?? :) miss you!

Adria said...

I love all of it!

Tatum said...

I hope I get to visit your house someday! So pretty!

Sheila and Mario said...

I agree with Bonnie, can you decorate my house too? Everything looks to fabulous and festive (wreath included, you are silly for calling it a fail.) I am sad it does not work out for us to come for Thanksgiving, but but i will make it to Ohio again after this little munchkin arrives.