Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Jake Turns 14!!!

Remember when I had baby Jacob a couple of years ago? Well, it turns out he's 14. What the heck? Didn't I just graduate from high school?


We gave Jake the option of having a birthday party or a shopping spree to celebrate. He chose the shopping spree. He's into looking good now. Honestly though, I was thrilled not to have a party! No house to clean, no invitations to deliver and no goodies to make - YES! Gone are the days of the elaborate, themed birthday parties of his youth.


We enjoyed a nice dinner out as a family. We ate at Biaggi's...again. The waiters are starting to recognize us there.


While waiting for our meal, Emma drew a lovely birthday cake for her brother. He said it was delicious.


After a full evening of shopping, we came home to eat the real deal. Jake's favorite? Spice cake with cream cheese frosting. Yum.

We love you birthday boy!


3 comments:

Sheila and Mario said...

Happy Happy Birthday Jacob! I agree with your mom, how the heck are you 14?

Janet and Nate said...

Happy Birthday Handsome Jake!!! Hope all you had a great day and may you have a wonderful 14th year!!! We love and miss you guys!

The Hatch Family said...

Yea . . . didn't he have a pretty sweet puppy birthday at one point?!? I remember you telling me the details at your kitchen table. :) Happy birthday, Jake! Big kid birthdays look fun though too!!!