Someone asked me recently if I have a job. I think this person was surprised/disappointed/annoyed that I don't currently work outside the home. I'm just a housewife. I suppose it's expected for gals in my season of life to establish a career. My kids are in school, my husband works, what's keeping home anyway? Am I not bored?
Believe it or not, my life is quite full. I finally have time to tackle those things I wouldn't try when a teenager, or couldn't try when I was a young mommy. Now I'm learning how to be a homemaker and I actually enjoy it!
Here are a few of the projects I've tackled lately:
Dehydrating Apples
Curling hair with a sock
Making a fall yarn wreath
Roasting veggies without oil or salt
Making over my daughter's room
This week I'll post photos from Emma's room re-do, my bargain shopping, and my fall decorating. I also want to describe some major Martha Moment FAILS to keep it real!
In closing, here is my Martha Stewart Bucket List for November:
Sew holiday themed pillows for the great room
Make a vegetarian Thanksgiving meal
Temporarily turn Em's old bedroom into a craft/sewing/gift wrapping room
Learn how to work a few more things on the camera
Beautify my blog
Make a Christmas wreath
Create a family gallery wall in the upstairs hallway
Recover my dining chairs
4 comments:
Love it! I just got that no salt seasoning from costco and it is SO YUM.
Oh no! I hope you weren't referring to me when I asked if you were working! I wasn't annoyed or disappointed. I'm glad that you get to do those things. Henry and Jane keep me too busy right now. ;) I love your projects! I've been wanting to have time to draw like I used to.
Make sure to show the end results of Emma's room. :)
When I read the title my mind automatically went to the biblical Martha, as in Mary and Martha and how she was too busy keeping house to listen to the Savior... I'm positive that you are striking a better balance. I love your goals for November and that wreath is super cool and I am excited to see how all these projects turn out! Love you, you crafty girl, you!
I love all your craftiness! I'm so pleased you have time right now to do it. I'm in another season, but I miss that one.
Post a Comment