Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Thompson Visit Day 3

Last day, Columbus Day. Can you believe Jake and Em had school? No big deal though. I showed the Thompson kids around the great Burg of Perry while we waited for their favorite people to get out of class. We explored the 577 Foundation and played at Fort Imagination.
She's a punkin'
I picked up the big kids from school so they could keep up with Grace and Tucker at the park. Jake showed his impressionable cousins all kinds of ways not to play on the playground.
Not too cool for a jungle gym.
Bon and I took shelter under the shade of the trees. It was a rare, sunny day - too bright for us pasties!
Yes. They're related.
I don't know that I've ever seen Tucker laugh so much. That Jake sure had his number! They played lots of tag and stuff that boys do.
That's just fun right there!
Even Emma played. I caught her attempting a few tricks on the bars. Things weren't working as they once did...oh well!
"Mom, I need to ge back into gymnastics."
Love those freckles. Love that strawberry blond hair. Love that girl!
After gorging ourselves on a yummy Italian meal at Biaggi's, we drove out to MacQueen's Orchard. We picked dozens and dozens of juicy apples.
Checking for worms?
Every once in awhile we'd have to sample our harvest, just to make sure we were getting the good stuff.
Don't lose a tooth Gracie!

Tuck was good at getting the apples that were low on the trees,
As you can see from Jake's apple cheeks, we had a lot of fun.
He's catching up to his mama!
Sisters or same orthodontist?

She's NOT catching up to her daddy!

Sweet family. Do you have to go home so soon?
I had to keep reminding Jacob to set a good example. Tucker was sure watching him!
2 of the Colyar Clan's 4 grandsons
You can't pick apples without climbing a few trees!
I can see a bit of Bonnie in him.
Jake's almost too big for Dad to give him a piggy back ride these days...
We finished the evening off with some donuts and cider. Since it was mild outside, we tried an apple cider slushy rather than a hot drink. Yummy!
Cute girls!
What a beautiful way to end a perfect weekend!

2 comments:

Bon said...

love these pics aud! it's almost motivated me to upload mine! although these pictures only point out how extremely white and sickly i look ;) what a fun trip-can't wait to do it again!

Alli said...

Aww! I love the sisters songs. You are so fancy! Love the pics. Jealous that Bon got to go see you.