Sunday, March 6, 2011

Camp Rock Dress Rehearsal

A couple of months back, Jake shocked us all by auditioning for Disney's Camp Rock at school. Even more surprising was the fact that he landed a lead role in the production!
Jake played the part of Jason, one of the Jonas Brothers in the band Connect 4. He got to sing, dance, and play keyboards. It was sooooooo impressive to see our 13-year old boy up there on stage!
Another happy turn in the story was that Rick played the part of Brown Cesario, the director of the camp and uncle to Jake's character.
Always one to sacrifice for his art, Rick grew some retired rocker facial hair and donned some hip new duds. 
Jake really enjoyed having 3 new "brothers" for a few months, especially since they were older and cooler. Each of the guys in the band could really play and sing. They even got together on their own for a jam session! 
I'd have to say that Jake's confidence really developed over the past couple of months. He made a lot of friends, particularly those of the female variety.
Who knows? Maybe the band will stick together even though the show is over.
They rocked!

5 comments:

Janet and Nate said...

Looked like everyone had a great time. Very impressive!!

GMA S said...

Jake is building confidence AND memories. Way to go Jake!!!

Terry said...

I am so happy for Jake and Rick! I wish we could have seen this. I hope you have some video. If so, please send it out with the kids.

Randi said...

That is so awesome. Go Jake and Rick! Looks like they had a lot of fun. :)

The LaLa said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome! I'm so proud of both of you guys. I love that the performing genes are continuing into the next generation.