Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Super Shibbies

I feel sorry for folks who don't have a loyal doggy to welcome them home after a long day. Our homecoming encites some extreme antics from our normally docile pup. Typically, Shelby starts into dashing if we prompt her with the phrase, "Go Shelby go!". With wild eyes, Shelby cuts and turns around the living room at mach speed. It's a sight to see!
 Shelby, or Shibbies as we've come to call her, has developed an odd fondness for a rubber chicken toy. Chicken migrates all over the house and often accompanies Shibs during her evening constitutional. We've  found Chicken buried deep in the folds of our blankies and smack dab in the middle of the hallway. I've stepped on squeaky Chicken in the early morning darkness numerable times.
 One of our mongrel beastie's favorite games is to play dash and dive with chicken, especially from our bed to the stairs. With each new fetch, her jumps from the ground to our bed get more and more impressive.
This ol' girl can really get some distance!
 After several runs, we have to calm her down or she'll start into a coughing fit. By then, she's so winded that her tongue hangs from her mouth freely.
 Oh my! The breath from this dog! I guess we should have been brushing her teeth all these years.
 Her tender "puppy hug" shows me she's grateful for the play time. All I have to do is tap my shoulders, and Shibbies knows just what to do.
Not bad for 13 1/2 years of livin'!

6 comments:

GMA S said...

I love Shelby!!!

Terry said...

Those are some awesome photos. And the soundtrack is perfect! I agree, I love Shelby too!

The LaLa said...

Shibbies is awfully young at heart! She seems to have recovered from her brush with Ariel, and is happy to have her family all to herself. I remember when she used to dash circles around Buddy in her younger years!

Janet and Nate said...

Audrey, so cute and funny. Love those air time photos.

Sheila and Mario said...

Ahh Shelbers! We miss you! I am betting Joel would get a kick out of you!

Alli said...

Aww! She is so cute. She sure has been around the block a few times but she is hanging in there wonderfully :)