I'm stressed, frustrated, lonely, and AWAKE at 2:30 in the morning. What's there to do but think of my favorite things?
I feel a little like Oprah, but without the free give-aways. Sorry! Here's a random list of things that make me happy:
Liplicious by Bath & Body Works - This lip gloss is a necessity for workouts, or going out in the cold. I apply this stuff several times a day. In a pinch, the knock-off version called Shine Sensational by Maybelline is also acceptable.
Uggs - Okay, so I would NEVER pay over $150 for shoes. I actually have a knock-off, fake version from Costco that cost me about 30 bucks. Do I think these are at all attractive boots? Heck no! Rick had to talk me into buying my "Fuggs" (fake Uggs) because I think they are so ugly. However, they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever had. Seriously. My feet are so warm and cozy in these suckers.
Glee soundtracks 1 & 2 - I don't watch the show, but I love the music! There are so many great covers by some amazingly talented people. In fact, I think I'll listen to some Glee right now...
I-Pod Touch - The previous item drew my attention to my wonderful new Christmas gift from Rick. I can't get over the storage on this gadget! I still haven't filled it up with music and books. There is room to spare. It's also easy enough to use that a tech dummy like me can figure it out. My kids are slowly and patiently teaching me about the gabillion other features.
Diet Caffeine Free Pepsi - A Pepsi a day, keeps insanity away. I'm glad I can fool my body with this fake stuff. No calories, no caffeine. And, I like the bubbles.
Sonicare - I am an overly vigorous brusher. What does THAT say about my personality? Anyhoodie... I like my Sonicare because it gives me that "just from the dentist" feeling.
Flexees Fat Free Tee - I've been a fan of the Shade, ModesTee, and Impel shirts for several years, but I like the coverage and the bulge smoothing properties of this undergarment better. It's also made of a material that will retain its color and shape, despite multiple washings.
Dark Chocolate M&Ms - I haven't met dark chocolate yet that I didn't like, but these hold a special place in my pantry. These babies are small so I can make 'em last a whole movie! Not many treats can claim that.
Electric Blanket - We picked this up from Costco last winter to survive the chilly Ohio winter. I love that I can preheat my bed before I get in at night. And, when Rick decides to do something crazy like open the windows in the middle of the night, I can avoid hypothermia.
Cutco knives - My parents gave us these wonderful knives several years ago, and I'm still grateful. I remember when I first started using them, I nearly amputated my fingers several times. I was so used to my crappy, cheap knives from Target that couldn't slice a pat of butter. I literally use my Cutco knives every day.
I could keep going with my list, but I'm feeling better now. It's your turn to play this silly game. What would you include in your list?
8 comments:
Love your favorites.
Love you more!
Love, Aunt Janet
That is a great favorite list! I love my Bosch - use it everyday, and Ryan's computer/tv combo that he set up in the family room - we can watch Hulu on the big screen in hidef, sweet. What else? Can't think of anything right now but I'm sure there's more. That was fun Audge, thanks!
I'm with you on the Diet Pepsi, Dark Choc. M&M's, and the I pod touch! I got one for Christmas and a Bose docking station for my Anniversary. I love that I can take my music all over the house with me! Sorry you had a long night. Sounds like a nap is in line after your done with seminary. Have a good day.
Mine would be peanut butter, chapstick (cherry and strawberry "Chapstick" brand), Ipod and chocolate. I'm a simple girl really.
I love your list -- it's so very "you". Hmmm, this takes some thinking. My DVR loaded up with Masterpiece Classics to watch; Utah mint truffle candy bars from Deseret Book; my magic Sketcher traveling shoes, which need to be replaced 'cuz I've about worn them out; my Crock Pot; Cutco knives, for sure (about worn them out too); i-Pod filled with new tunes; The Travel Channel featuring anything with Samantha Brown; my pretty toenails post-pedicure; Christopher & Banks and Chico's. I'd better stop there because this list is getting expensive. Oh yes, my NINE SPECIAL GRANDCHILDREN are definitely my most favorite things. And you too, my dear daughter. Sleep better tonight!
And Diet Dr. Pepper -- NOT caffeine-free, unfortunately.
Such a great list . . . with things I need to try for sure! :) And it makes me want to go find some cool gadget. I am not sure I have anything fun to share. How BORING of me!!!
Oh . . . It is Amanda. I am just on Jon's computer and forgot to sign him off. OOOPS!
What a good idea!! When I am stressed I tend to think of all the negative things in my life! I was laughing about fuggs!! Jeremy & I at disneyland were noticing how many people wear uggs or fuggs!! I actually did pay $180 for my uggs. I love them though and just had my 3rd winter with them and they are still in great condition!! I am also in love with my cutco knives. They are a must have in the kitchen. I wouldn't cook if I didn't have them :) Definitely my ipod too!! Couldn't live without that cuz I use it in my ihome in the bathroom getting ready then I take it in my car. I don't even listen to the radio in the car anymore! Oh and I am 100% with your mom on the Diet Dr.Pepper not caffeine free. I am actually drinking my 44oz thirstbuster right now!!
Post a Comment