Friday, February 19, 2010

The Basement

I have finished all of the redo work and had my rough inspection today. They looked at my framing, plumbing and electrical work. It passed. Next up is the drywall work. We have changed a few of the furniture ideas. Of course, the changes have upped the price, so I am going to do the drywall afterall. I was contemplating hiring it out, but I think I'll save the $1,500 and do it myself.

4 comments:

GMA S said...

Son, you are doing such a great job. I am so proud of you. But, you don't surprise me. You have always amazed me. Love to all of you

Unknown said...

It should be mentioned that Rick has done every bit of this work himself. I haven't lifted a finger to help him, and that is why it is turning out so well. I can't wait to host parties down here!

P.S. Mom, we're going to get the same sectional you and Dusty have. Ours will also have a queen-sized hide away bed. We measured last night, and it will fit perfectly. Hopefully we can get it all down the stairs!

Terry said...

Wow! VERY impressive Rick! We look forward to seeing the finished project!

The LaLa said...

I just continue to be amazed that Rick can do this without ever having done it before. Did you do plumbing and electrical apprenticeships somewhere along the way that we missed? Not to mention design and framing? You'll love the couch, which you already know. AND, I hate to say it, but you will have the coolest basement ever. So cool you'll never want to move. sniff.