Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Sheila!

It's my sister Sheila's birthday today! I want to take moment to express just a few of the things I love about her.

I love that Sheila is comfortable in just about any situation. This is probably why she was such a great missionary for our church. She can make friends anywhere!

I admire Sheila's firm testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Life has thrown her some curve balls this year, but she's remained faithful and steadfast. I really admire that!
Sheila has a sweet relationship with her hubby Mario which has earned them the nickname Shelio. I love the way they relate to one another. You can really tell that they're in love.

Sheila recently became a new mommy, but she was good at mothering long before Joel was born. She's been working with little kids since she was a teenager. Her preschoolers adore her because she's so fantastic at teaching AND playing with kids (usually the same thing in her line of work).

Sheila is an attentive daughter, sister, and aunt. Emma was just talking the other day about the birthday dates that Aunt Sheila used to take her on. Family is a priority for her.

Sheila has a great sense of humor and a sunny personality. Most people end their sentences with a period, she ends hers with a giggle. She always seems to be having a good time. Oh! And she has fabulous hair. No really, I'm jealous.

I love you dear sister! Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

Janet and Nate said...

Happy Birthday dear Sheila!

PS Love your tribute Audrey!

Alli said...

Have a happy day Sheila! You really are pretty nifty :)

Sheila and Mario said...

Thanks sis! I feel so special! You you made me a little misty! I love you!

The LaLa said...

You have caught Sheila perfectly in your tribute. She is one of a kind, and we surely love her!

Bon said...

she does have great hair. and end her sentence with a giggle. love you sheila!!

Dusty said...

This is so sweet and all so true.