We're still settling into our new place. It seems we finish one project, then add three more to our list! Rick's been in heaven working out in his spanky new garage with the epoxy floors. He's digging out his tools and arranging them on his peg boards and such. It's cute to watch him in his man cave.
I've decided to put the rest of my nest making on hold until I get the old house spic and span. It continues to be a monkey on my back that I can't shake. It's funny how you can love a place one day and despise it the next. I'll be so glad when my work there is through. Does anyone do windows?
Despite our state of undoneness, we've already hosted a Sunday night dinner. Rick put his shiny new grill together and cooked up some delicious burgers. Our guests, the Luces, brought a scrumptious apple pie for dessert. Doesn't that sound like an all-American dinner? The one downer was that we didn't have enough seating for everybody. We ordered 8 chairs with our dinette set, but the furniture guys only brought 5. Duh! Who orders an odd number of chairs anyway? Now we have to wait another month before they get more chairs into the warehouse. Plus, the sofa they delivered has a cut on the arm so they'll be exchanging that too. Oopsies!
Well, I've stalled long enough. I'm back to the old house to dust blinds, scrub baseboards, and shampoo carpets. Waaaaaaaa.
6 comments:
Just reading that made me need a nap. Good luck Audge!
Knowing you, Audrey, you will leave that house cleaner than you found it. So happy that you are in your own home now and enjoying it.
Ah, your mother raised you right. And my mother raised me right, and so on and so on. It's a curse, this need to leave a place cleaner than when you moved in. I'm sure it will be sparkly, and you will feel virtuous, and that's its own reward.
Moving is so very tiring but exciting too. I am so happy for you guys and your new place. I know that we will be making a visit out there at some point. We miss you guys SO much.
If only I lived near by. Good luck with that!
Can't wait to see more pictures of HOME! Yay! So very happy for you . . . and hoping the end of cleaning is in sight!!!
Post a Comment