Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We got it!!!

After days of negotiations with the builder, we secured a signed contract today (no foolin'). From the way they treated us though, you would have thought it was a seller's market and not the other way around. We had to give up a few things. Instead of a cement driveway, we're getting asphalt. We had to pay extra for a patio extension and a dishwasher upgrade. We will also have to do all our own landscaping. Those things aside, it's a GREAT house! Here is part of the description from the listing:

"2344 SQ FT INCLUDES GRANITE COUNTERTOPS & GREAT ROOM W/13 FT CEILING! CERAMIC TILE IN KITCHEN, BATHS, FOYER, & LAUNDRY. MAPLE CABINETRY, STAINLESS STEEL APPLS & BRUSHED NICKEL ACCENTS! MASTER HAS LARGE WALK-IN & PRIVATE SPA-LIKE BATH W/GARDEN TUB & VAULTED CEILING! WHITE TRIM/SIX PANEL DOORS! FULL BASEMENT! PERRYSBURG TOWNSHIP!"

This house is in a great location. We will live right behind a great family in the ward, the Dworczyks. Emma is friends with the oldest daughter, so they are very excited to be so close. Other friends are close by as well. Kroger, Wal-mart, and Target are just over a mile away, so shopping is very convenient. The Y is 5 minutes away, and Rick's hospital is only about 15-20 minutes away.
Some of my favorite features about the house include the large laundry room and kitchen pantry.
The kitchen cabinets are a dark espresso finish, which I love.
The carpeting in the bedrooms and great room is a neutral frieze. I especially love the tile throughout the rest of the house because it will hide many sins, unlike the unforgiving flooring we live with now.
The great room fireplace is gas, so we won't have to clean it (yay)! Also, there are many LARGE windows all throughout the house, which will let in a lot of natural light.
As soon as my realtor delivered the signed purchase agreement, the kids and I went straight over to Woodland Elementary to register for school. They start April 13, right after Spring Break. It's hard to know who is more excited, the kids or Mom!
We close on June 1st, though we don't have to be out of our current house until late June. This will give us plenty of time to move and clean. It should be a pretty low-key move. Let's cross our fingers that the rest of this process will go smoothly!

13 comments:

The Hatch Family said...

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!! It sounds great and the pictures are beautiful. You must be on cloud 9 today . . . and rightly so!! We couldn't be happier for you!

Heidi Totten said...

Congratulations!!! It looks absolutely beautiful! Hope it has a guest room for us. :)

Anonymous said...

No foolin'? So very happy that you got the house that you wanted. Can't wait to see it and see the family settled. You just about wore out your stay in "limboland"! AND glad that everyone is happy about going "back to school". Audrey, you have done a great job with everything.

Dusty said...

Congratulations! It looks lovely. I love the kitchen.

Jenia said...

Congratulations--it sounds like a wonderful home for you!!! Audrey, do you have big plans for life after home schooling?

Alli said...

Wow! You sure were a trooper the past few months and it looks like everything will work out perfectly! I'm so happy for you guys :)

Terry said...

The house looks wonderful! I would have really loved to have been a fly on the wall to hear Rick's negotiations. He is the best!

The LaLa said...

Love it! Love it! Leave some stuff to do till we get there. You know I will want to be in on the decorating (okay, you get the final say, but I want to be in an advisory capacity). We are thrilled for you!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on getting such a cute house - and on the whole "We now know where we are going to be for a while" thing.

Debra said...

I'm happy for you! The house looks beautiful and I'm so glad you could find something close to everything and near ward members. Can't wait to see it in person!

Les said...

The house looks great! Good for you! And just a funny little note...our kids go to Woodland Elementary too! It will be great to have them at the same school again, won't it? :)

Bon said...

i'm jealous of the cabinets! it looks like a great house. yeah for you guys!

Moscow Monson's said...

I'm flattered that you think I can sew!! With a University right here we just borrow from them it's so great. If it can't be made on my Cricut I didn't make it. LOVE the house!! Those are the cupboards I would love to up grade to someday.