Sunday, April 19, 2009

Join my Brain Trust

Hello!

I have a REAL need for your stories and tips concerning exercise. I've been asked by my stake to present a 45 minute workshop on sneaking exercising into every day life next weekend as part of our Stake Sisterhood Day. I've got a lot of great material on why we should exercise and how to keep safe. I also know how to demonstrate typical exercises for muscle strengthening at home, etc. I'm looking for help in some other areas too. Can you respond to any (or all) of the questions below?

What are your biggest obstacles/concerns for consistent excercise? How do you overcome those challenges?

Do you have any entertaining/humorous/interesting stories of how you successfully (or unsuccessfully) made exercise part of your day?

Do you have any life-changing testimonials about the benefits of regular exercise?

What works best for keeping you motivated to exercise?

Do you know of ways to think "outside the box" when it comes to exercise?

How do you involve your family in fitness activities?

ANY help you can offer would be great! You can respond to this post, e-mail me at asaunde@hotmail.com, or call me at home.Thanks for making time for me! Love you!

6 comments:

Alli said...

You can count on an email from me kiddo, but I don't think you'll consider what I do "exercise", I promise you'll laugh though :)

Kathy said...

Ok, although it's brief this is truly how I feel:
1. TIME!!
2. Dancing with the kids, if anything we all start laughing and it's a great way to start the day.
3.No
4. Time alone just to think, and listen to some music on the ipod
5. No
6. Sometimes

Good Luck!

Stephanie said...

I think everyone needs an exercising buddy or two. I was always more interested in walking around my neighborhood if I had another mommy to talk to. And our stake still does aerobics 3X a week and I take full advantage of the "buddies" that help me stay motivated and come every day.

I don't have any funny stories, but I have seen some inspirational things happen as I've worked out. I've seen women do more than they think they can and I've seen how it makes them want to do better in other parts of their life.

I had a pretty major abdominal surgery a few months ago and I was so grateful that I had exercised before my surgery so that I had some residual benefit while I was recovering and not allowed to do anything. I didn't know my surgery was going to happen when it did and if I hadn't worked out before my surgery, I don't think I would have healed as quickly or as successfully. I have made a full recovery and I've also made it a goal to work out at least three times a week for the rest of my life. I don't ever want to be in a situation where I am not able to heal well. That has been such a blessing to me.

Good luck to you!!

Les said...

I like for my kids to workout too, so as soon as they're old enough, they ride their bike while I walk. A side benefit...certain four year olds boys get a little excited and ride as fast as they can and mommy has to run like anything just to catch that boy! It's a win-win...as long as I catch him before he gets to the crosswalk!

Bon said...

I think a good motivator is signing up for a race like a 5K, 10K, half marathon, whatever you can do. Then it gives you a goal. Especially if you have friends doing it as well. Some of those you can even push your kids in a jog stroller while doing them too. I think that and looking at yourself in the mirror naked are both great motivators. ;)

Larson log said...

Sadly, I have fewer sucesses than failures. We do try to make it a family event...But when you asked about humorous stories I thought about the first time I worked out after having Noah- It was an intense aerobic class (I am not sure what kind- I think I blocked it out) anyway, I was positioned next to an "elderly" lady and as the class started I quickly realized that this class was WAY out of my league, but i thought is "grams" can do it, so can I. I kept pushing through it- until my NOSE STARTED BLEEDING and I thought my body was sending me a very strong message: "If you don't stop I will kill you" As I left "grams" smirked.....
But don't worry I poured my protein enriched soothie on her car on the way out- just kidding.