Monday, September 15, 2008

Saunders Style Fear Factor

If you know our son Jacob, you've experienced his extreme food finicky-ness. We've tried all kinds of tricks to expand his horizons with no luck. Tonight Rick capitalized on Jake's desperate need to earn some cash for new Legos. Enjoy what unfolded next:


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jacob, I never saw you do that with my soft tacos! If you would have done that....no more soft tacos for you, big guy! I love you.

Alli said...

That is awesome! Well, at least he was cheerful through the experience! We would have seen tears. . . What a brave dude! Tell him we are impressed.

Kathy said...

I'm totally on board with Jacob! I will definitely steal this idea for my kids so thank you for sharing!!

jacob said...

Well, I may not be good at eating food now, but later I will be.

Michelle said...

Jacob, I feel your pain, I wouldn't drink a cup of milk for any amount of money. Some things you develop a taste for as you get older and then other things.......well, you still don't like even as an adult, so don't feel bad. At least you tried, that's more than I can say.

Debra said...

Jacob, at least you tried it. I think you are destined to serve a mission in some foreign country where you will have to eat bugs on a regular basis!

The LaLa said...

It's so good to see you, even if you're tossing your cookies...er, salmon. Aunt Bonnie would probably agree with you about the salmon. Hang in there, guy, and keep trying new things.

Rick Saunders said...

For the record, Jacob approached me with this deal. I did not try to bribe him to do it. He is saving up for a Lego set.

The Hatch Family said...

That is hilarious! And . . . even funnier since he came up with the idea. I definitely can't judge--I would not have passed that challenge either.

Bon said...

refer back a couple posts ago when you see the kitten do the exact same thing. interesting...

Porter oliver said...

Dude salmon is like my all time favorite.
well at least you were brave...